I mentioned earlier that I wanted to try and be more deliberate, or at least not so rudderless.
- I’ll stop and think before I eat or drink anything.
- I’ll focus on work at work and on home at home
I’ve been good with the big picture stuff this week: I may not always have eaten ‘well’ but when I did it was a conscious decision and not just mindless eating. And I’ve been far more productive at work this week, although it is a bit stressful right now.
- Buy new LED lightbulbs and replace all the old outdoor light bulbs with the new LED ones; ✅
- Send a note to someone;
- One load of laundry – this is a never-ending chore but sometimes it gets away from me so I’m keeping it on the list for now; ✅
- Practice piano every day;
- Wednesday or Thursday I want to do some baking for work as a treat for a co-worker who is going on leave; ✅
- Wednesday – take Q swimming! ✅
- Thursday – after-work drinks with co-workers. I am almost never able to go thanks to a busy family schedule so I am not bailing out on the one that I can get to!
- Also a bigger goal is to declutter so – post at least 2 items for sale on facebook or kijiji (or both). Does anyone ever do well selling stuff on ebay anymore?
Mortgage renewals and leaving the baking for my co-worker to the last minute meant I couldn’t go out for after-work drinks on Thursday, so that’s a bit sad.
And while I did get the new LED light bulbs, I haven’t yet replaced them all. I got rid of a giant bin of duplo and some knickknacks I’ve had since highschool – think about that for a second. I’ve had those things for roughly 25 years years. Why am I holding on to things for 25 years!?!
And yea, practising just hasn’t seemed to happen this week. I really gotta get on that!
What’s gonna happen on the weekend?
I think I can stop writing out the big picture goals until either (a) they change or (b) I’ve started to ignore them.
More practical / everyday things:
- send a note to someone
- replace the light bulbs & figure out how to properly dispose of the old ones
- clean 2 random things
- pick Robin up from the airport
- spend time with family on Sunday 🙂 this is a little out of the ordinary as we all get together at my grandmother’s house for mother’s day. It’s not a holiday our little family of three make a big deal out of but my mom loves it and her family like the tradition of getting together.